geeqie, and neverball build problem on 13-current

Niclas Zeising zeising+freebsd at daemonic.se
Thu Sep 24 09:24:52 UTC 2020

On 2020-09-24 11:17, monochrome wrote:
> Not sure how long this has been a problem, I noticed with the new
> version of geeqie (geeqie-devel builds fine) and found the neverball
> problem when rebuilding all packages to investigate. neverball output
> changes with consecutive build attempts, geeqie does not.

This is related to the update of llvm to 11.  With this update, builds
are by default using -fno-common, which means global variables cannot
exist in multiple places.  gcc 10 has the same default.  A quick fix is
to add -fcommon to CFLAGS, but the proper fix is to update the
application source to only have the variable in one place.
Regards
--
Niclas