Plans for git (was: Please check the current beta git conversions)

Goran Mekić meka at tilda.center
Wed Sep 2 17:08:17 UTC 2020

git checkout ssh://user@git.freebsd.org/base/head /usr/src

git checkout https://git.freebsd.org/base/head ${HOME}/freebsd/src

> Creating diff against updated head.
>
>   svn update
>   svn diff > patch.diff

git pull
git diff >patch.diff

> Adding a new file
>
>   svn add /usr/src/libm/msun/src/_s_sinpi.c

git add /usr/src/libm/msun/src/_s_sinpi.c

> Committing a change to /usr/src
>
>   svn update
>   svn diff <files-to-commit> | more (everyone does one last check, right?)
>   svn commit <files-to-commit>

git pull
git add -A # add all files, even new ones
           # alternative would be "git add <files>"
git diff --cached
git commit

I "assumed" that user at git.freebsd.org is valid, but depending on
configuration of the server, git at git.freebsd.org might be the right one.
Someone with actual knowledge (and I'm looking at Ed) will fill in the
right details.

If needed for any doc/example/howto, feel free to copy these examples
where suites best FreeBSD project/developers or tell me what to edit.

Regards,
meka