Trying to compiles today Current

Marco Steinbach coco at executive-computing.de
Sun May 3 12:48:19 UTC 2020

On Sun, 29 Mar 2020 15:36:22 +0200
Willem Jan Withagen <wjw at digiware.nl> wrote:

> I keep getting errors in building my ports from portsbuilder.
> But it is with Current/Clang10.
>
> So I'm trying to get a server at that level, but building world
> keeps giving me:
> --- all_subdir_cddl ---
> ld:
> error: /usr/obj/usr/srcs/head/amd64.amd64/tmp/usr/lib/libuutil.so:
> undefined reference to __assfail cc: error: linker command failed
> with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation) *** [zfs.full] Error code
> 1
>

> Completely cleared src and obj, but the error persists.
>
> Current on this system is:
> FreeBSD 13.0-CURRENT #0 r358358: Thu Feb 27 04:40:39 UTC 2020
> root at releng1.nyi.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/amd64.amd64/sys/GENERIC
>
> How to fix this?

In my case a leftover CFLAGS=-O0 in /etc/make.conf was the culprit
('=' instead of '+=' not being a typo). As another side effect, build
world took about four times as long as usual, before it errored out.

While at it, I of also ran into what's described
in
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2018-December/072531.html,
before removing DEBUG_FLAGS from /etc/make.conf.

Conditionalizing the flags to only be pulled in for the directories I
actually wanted them to be relevant for would certainly have helped.

MfG CoCo