panic: Assertion lock == sq->sq_lock failed at /usr/src-13/sys/kern/subr_sleepqueue.c:371

Gary Jennejohn gljennjohn at gmail.com
Sun May 3 07:05:56 UTC 2020

On Sat, 02 May 2020 16:28:46 -0700
Chris <bsd-lists at BSDforge.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 3 May 2020 00:15:48 +0100 Grzegorz Junka list1 at gjunka.com said
>
> > On 02/05/2020 20:43, Chris wrote:
> > > On Sat, 2 May 2020 20:19:56 +0100 Grzegorz Junka list1 at gjunka.com said

> > > How about your rc.conf(5) ?
> > >
> > > You need to define a dumpdev within it as:
> > >
> > > # Set dumpdev to "AUTO" to enable crash dumps, "NO" to disable
> > > dumpdev="YES"
> > >
> > > Which defaults to the location of:
> > >
> > > /var/crash
> > >

> > Yes, of course I have 'dumpdev="AUTO"'. Should it be "YES" instead?
> Yes, it should of course be AUTO. I was distracted at the time of writing.
> Sorry.
> Does /var/crash exist?
>
> That _should_ be enough. Assuming /var/crash is writable.

Sorry, but read the man page for rc.conf.

This is the entry for dumpdev:

     dumpdev     (str) Indicates the device (usually a swap partition) to
                 which a crash dump should be written in the event of a system
                 crash.  If the value of this variable is "AUTO", the first
                 suitable swap device listed in /etc/fstab will be used as
                 dump device.  Otherwise, the value of this variable is passed
                 as the argument to dumpon(8).  To disable crash dumps, set
                 this variable to "NO".

If there are no swap devices in /etc/fstab then "AUTO" will not work.  But
a partition can be specified.  I have dumpdev="/dev/ada0p5" in my rc.conf.

/var/crash is the target for crash dumps after the system is re-booted.

--
Gary Jennejohn