mouse is broken

Rebecca Cran rebecca at bsdio.com
Tue Mar 10 01:16:51 UTC 2020

On 3/9/2020 7:12 PM, AN wrote:

> After an update today to world, kernel, and ports my mouse no longer
> works.  Mouse works on console.  I use startx, mouse seems to break
> after startx is issued.
>
>  Is any one else seeing anything similar?  Any help is appreciated,
> thanks in advance.

I saw something similar recently, but when using
"moused_nondefault_enable="NO"" in /etc/rc.conf to disable moused. With
moused disabled, Xorg would log something like "System mouse disabled"
in /var/log/Xorg.0.log, and the mouse didn't work. But when I enabled
moused, Xorg found and used it.

--

Rebecca Cran