Good motherboard for Ryzen (first-gen)

Eric van Gyzen eric at vangyzen.net
Sat Sep 22 02:53:23 UTC 2018

I would like to build a Ryzen desktop.  Can anyone recommend a good
motherboard?

I'm planning on a first-gen, because the second-gen has similar
stability problems as the first-gen had, and AMD hasn't released errata
for the second-gen yet (as far as I know...I would love to be wrong).

I would like to be a cool kid with a Threadripper, but I can't justify
the cost, so I'm thinking maybe a Ryzen 7 with /only/ 8 cores.  :)

Ideally, I want an Intel NIC, ECC memory support, and a 3-year warranty.

Thanks in advance,

Eric