[CFT] packaging the base system with pkg(8)

Dimitry Andric dim at FreeBSD.org
Sun Mar 6 00:53:46 UTC 2016

On 03 Mar 2016, at 00:54, Glen Barber <gjb at freebsd.org> wrote:

> For those who have missed the initial email surrounding this topic, we
> are planning on packaging the base system with pkg(8) for 11.0-RELEASE.
> # pkg update -r FreeBSD-base
> # pkg install -g 'FreeBSD-*'

FWIW, this went all OK for me on the first try, even.  I indeed got 755
packages, output of "pkg info" and "pkg stat" are attached.

I didn't use your lib32 patch, since I don't mind the 32 bit libs to be
packaged separately.  I got 342 packages with "-lib32" in their names.

Any suggestions for specific things to test?  Of course some sort of
upgrade scenario would be nice to try out, but then I'd have to run
"make packages" over a newer version of the release-pkg branch...

-Dimitry