Digi Watchport/T temperature sensor as /dev/ttyU

Ian Lepore ian at freebsd.org
Fri Jul 22 16:52:57 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-07-22 at 18:35 +0200, O. Hartmann wrote:
> For temperature monitoring, we have a bunch of Digi Watchport/T
> sensors:
>
> http://ftp1.digi.com/support/documentation/90000406_H.pdf

[...]

I think the attached patch will make it show up as a ttyU*/cuaU* device
for you.  (You should probably use the /dev/cuaU* flavor, to avoid
problems with tty layer and modem control signals).

I keep wishing we had a mechanism, like a sysctl that could be set or
something, that would let you supply a vendor/product pair and have the
ugensa driver attach to that device, for quick testing of this sort of
thing.

-- Ian