dtrace and kernel modules

Julian Elischer julian at freebsd.org
Thu Jul 7 05:02:00 UTC 2016

I'm specifically interested in the case of kernel modules that
instantiate new syscalls.

How much support do we have for that?  In the one example in our
sources of a kld with a syscall (kgssapi.ko) dtrace seems to find
regular function entrypoints but not the syscall.

root at porridge:/usr/src # dtrace -n ":kgssapi::entry {}"
dtrace: description ':kgssapi::entry ' matched 138 probes
^C

root at porridge:/usr/src # dtrace -n "syscall:kgssapi::entry {}"
dtrace: invalid probe specifier syscall:kgssapi::entry {}: probe
description syscall:kgssapi::entry does not match any probes
root at porridge:/usr/src #

Do we have plans to support dynamic syscall support?