Panic: GPF in kernel mode in fork_exit() (prior to FS mouont)

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Mon Nov 23 17:59:16 UTC 2015

On 23 November 2015 at 08:33, Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel at gmail.com> wrote:

> The revision 291171 changed layout of the dereferenced structure
> sysentvec. Was your kernel build clean, or did you used -DNO_CLEAN or
> similar option ? If yes, remove the kernel build directory and start
> from scratch.

Every time removing the build directory and starting from scratch
fixes an issue like this it's demonstrated a bug in our build's
dependency tracking. Starting over is a fine workaround to make
progress, but I'd also like to try to extract sufficient detail when
this happens so that we can fix these cases.