Keyboard issues in KDE when using vt

Jos Backus jos at catnook.com
Sat Mar 15 18:04:26 UTC 2014

Hi,

When I replaced sc with vt and start KDE, my PS/2 keyboard doesn't work
properly. Initially after an xterm comes up, I can't type at all (no
keystrokes are regularly) but after a few seconds a key starts repeating at
the repeat rate, and there is no correlation between the keys pressed and
the keystrokes displayed. When I rebuild the same kernel with sc,
everything works normally. As far as I can tell, this has been happening
ever since vt was committed.

Please let me know how I can help debug this problem.

Thanks,
Jos