No devices/nodes/files in /dev after building and installing world

Bryan Drewery bdrewery at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 25 21:22:18 UTC 2014

On 6/23/14, 5:48 AM, Mattia Rossi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently stuck on the following. Haven't built HEAD in a while,
> and now after a
>
> make buildworld kernel installworld distrib-dirs distribution
>
> I don't have any nodes in /dev at all. As far as I remember there was
> always a minimum set of nodes in there, like ttys etc.
>
> What happened? Which changes did I miss?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mat
I booted a system last week that resulted in 2 / being mounted. devfs
was underneath the second / which resulted in an empty /dev. At least
that's what I was able to guess, it obviously was a messy situation.

--
Regards,
Bryan Drewery