FreeBSD 10-RC4: Got crash in igb driver

Alexandre Martins alexandre.martins at netasq.com
Wed Jan 15 09:35:27 UTC 2014

I have some compillation issues :

../../../dev/e1000/if_igb.c: In function 'igb_mq_start_locked':
../../../dev/e1000/if_igb.c:3936: warning: 'poff' may be used uninitialized in
this function
../../../dev/e1000/if_igb.c:3936: note: 'poff' was declared here
../../../dev/e1000/if_igb.c:3936: warning: 'ip_hlen' may be used uninitialized
in this function
../../../dev/e1000/if_igb.c:3936: note: 'ip_hlen' was declared here

But this fix the crash.

However, I have now a copy made of all ipv6 forwarded packet in
igb_pullup_headers.

It will be nice to m_free the copy of the packet made in ip6_forward before
calling nd6_output function. It will put back the packet writable and avoid
(in most cases) the copy.

I have no time this week to check performance of this new driver version. I'll
try to make that Monday.

Thank you for this fix