android bsd connectivity tools etc ?

Shane Ambler FreeBSD at ShaneWare.Biz
Thu Aug 14 04:26:17 UTC 2014

On 14/08/2014 09:17, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> Hi,
> Any tips for Android / FreeBSD BSD tools for connectivity etc ?
>
> I just got a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, with Android 4.4.2 kernel 3.4.0

> I'll build a current from a 10.0-RELEASE partition,
> but now looking with 9.2-RELEASE I see:
>
> /dev/
> lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel        9 Aug 14 00:01 ugen1.5@ -> usb/1.5.0
> crw-------  1 root  operator  0x7a Aug 14 00:00 usb/1.5.0
> crw-------  1 root  operator  0x8f Aug 14 00:00 usb/1.5.1
> crw-------  1 root  operator  0x90 Aug 14 00:00 usb/1.5.2

I have a cheap Huawei phone running 2.3.6
When I plug in the usb cable to charge it, it shows up as 3 devices

da0 at umass-sim1 bus 1 scbus5 target 0 lun 0
da0: < Android Adapter 0100> Removable Direct Access SCSI-2 device
cd1 at umass-sim1 bus 1 scbus5 target 0 lun 1
cd1: < Android Adapter 0100> Removable CD-ROM SCSI-2 device
da1 at umass-sim1 bus 1 scbus5 target 0 lun 2
da1: < Android Adapter 0100> Removable Direct Access SCSI-2 device

On the phone I get a message to turn on usb mass storage after which I
can mount_msdosfs /dev/da0s1 and get access to the sdcard in the phone.

It looks like mass storage was hidden in 4.0 and maybe removed after 4.2.
Try searching the android app store for usb mass storage.

Online storage like google drive?