nfsd server cache flooded, try to increase nfsrc_floodlevel

Eggert, Lars lars at netapp.com
Thu Aug 8 06:53:34 UTC 2013

Hi,

every few days or so, my -STABLE NFS server (v3 and v4) gets wedged with a ton of messages about "nfsd server cache flooded, try to increase nfsrc_floodlevel" in the log, and nfsstat shows TCPPeak at 16385. It requires a reboot to unwedge, restarting the server does not help.

The clients are (mostly) six -CURRENT nfsv4 boxes that netboot from the server and mount all drives from there.

I googled around and saw that others have hit this issue, but I haven't seen any resolution posted. I guess I can increase NFSRVCACHE_FLOODLEVEL in the source, but I wonder if I wouldn't simply hit the increase value after a little while longer...

Lars