Trying current

Glen Barber gjb at FreeBSD.org
Sat Sep 29 00:07:10 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 10:00:39AM +1000, Brett wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm getting and old core2duo today to install FreeBSD (hopefully
> current) on it. Looking in the ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/
> folder for the last week or so, there have been no snapshots in
> there. Do they still come out roughly monthly and/or is one likely
> to appear soon?
>
> Looking at the instructions at
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/current-stable.html
> , it does not specifically mention a starting point to build from.
> If not snapshots are expected soon, am I likely to experience much
> grief in getting from 9.0 or 9.1rc1 to current?

I am working on generating regular snapshots.

I do not currently have anything "official" as far as FreeBSD.org goes,
but please feel free to try the snapshots I have already created:

    http://snapshots.glenbarber.us/Latest/

There are i386 and amd64 snapshots for 10-CURRENT and 9-STABLE (not
9.1-RC1).

Glen