Upgrading FreeBSD to use the NEW pf syntax.

Gleb Smirnoff glebius at FreeBSD.org
Wed Nov 21 14:52:49 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 03:44:13PM +0100, Ermal Lu?i wrote:
E> Cherry-picking would be when tehre is reasonable similarities.
E> Also another argument to do this would be simplicity on locking as well as
E> i told you when you started the changes.

You were wrong. OpenBSD doesn't move towards SMP model. Locking more
recent pf is not simplier, but the opposite.

E> Though i am open to work together on this to merge the new syntax thorugh a
E> whole bulk merge rather than cherry-pick.

How many bugs have you closed after the previous bulk import? Why should
we expect anything good from new import if the previous one was a PITA?

And still I don't see any answer on the question: what exact features or
perfomance improvements are we going to obtain from "the new pf"?

E> You already have 'broken' some functionality as if-bound in FreeBSD 10.x so

Is there any PR filed on that? I didn't even receive a mail about that.

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.