Upgrading FreeBSD to use the NEW pf syntax. (Copied from freebsd-pf)

Olivier Smedts olivier at gid0.org
Tue Nov 20 10:43:07 UTC 2012

2012/11/20 Paul Webster <paul.g.webster at googlemail.com>:
> I am aware this is a much discussed subject since the upgrade of PF, I
> believe the final decision was that to many users are used to the old
> style pf and an upgrade to the new syntax would cause to much confusion.

But a change like this is expected in a new major branch, ie.
10-CURRENT. Not so in -STABLE branches of course. I don't see the
problem here.

Cheers

--
Olivier Smedts                                                 _
                                        ASCII ribbon campaign ( )

  "Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
  ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
  et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."