[head tinderbox] failure on arm/arm

Peter Jeremy peter at rulingia.com
Sat Nov 10 12:34:39 UTC 2012

On 2012-Nov-10 09:16:32 +1100, Brett <brett.mahar at gmx.com> wrote:
>Just an observation: a few years ago when I got sick of Linux's
>"headlong rush" development model, I subscribed to various BSD
>mailing lists to see what else was out there. I considered FreeBSD at
>the time - there was a neverending avalanche of "[head tinderbox]
>failure" messages.

The Project tries to avoid it but occasional build failures on the
development branch are very likely to occur.  As a new user, you
would be much better off starting with a release branch.

>This told me that I would be more likely to be running code written
>by people who knew what they were doing if I went with Open, Net, or
>DragonflyBSD.

I think that's being unfair.  Do Open, Net or DFly have an equivalent
to the tinderboxes that do automated test builds and report failures?
And, since you have replied to an ARM failure, DragonflyBSD would not
be an option since it doesn't support ARM.

--
Peter Jeremy