UFS+J panics on HEAD

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Wed May 23 21:58:24 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lev Serebryakov" <lev at FreeBSD.org>

> Or should we call FFS officially dead and promote ZFS as only usable
> FS on modern FreeBSD now?

Slightly OT but I must say I'm a big fan of ZFS since I first tried it under
FreeBSD a few years back.

Not only is it a dream to use as an admin, making all traditionally hard
tasks easy; its also helped us identify failing hardware which nothing
else has spotted.

While it might be a shame to see FFS go by the wayside are there any
big reasons why you would rather stick with FFS instead of moving
to ZFS with all the benefits that brings?

With regards protective panics I must agree, in this case it does seem
there are much better paths which could be chosen.

    Regards
    Steve