[head tinderbox] failure on powerpc/powerpc

Super Bisquit superbisquit at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 18:22:31 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Garrett Cooper <yanegomi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 13, 2012, at 10:23 AM, Super Bisquit wrote:
>
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Garrett Cooper <yanegomi at gmail.com>wrote:
>  (Personal opinion) Not that great of an architecture.
>

> And you're entitled to your opinion :).
>

>> Again, I'm not sure why you're posing this question to this thread
>> because it's not really relevant to the issue that needs to be
>> resolved (in this case it's missing symbols related to xlocale stuff,
>> and someone probably forgot to run make tinderbox/make universe).
>>
> I'm running buildworld natively on the Quicksilver. Errors related
> directly to build will be reported and can be compared to the tinderbox
> errors.
>

> Not everyone has a Mac G4 under his/her desk. Crossbuilding works just
> fine, so again… how is your comment relevant/feasible to the discussion at
> hand?

Has anyone ever compared build errors between native and tinderbox?
Why not? This is not a stupid idea.
What if the native version fails to build but tinderbox is successful? That
could be a hardware error, instruction set, make.conf, or other problem.
Will it hurt to compare? No. It may be helpful.
In what ways is this relevant or feasible to the original post and those
following? Reporting errors from a native build will let one know what
problems will occur and when on actual hardware being used.

Humor me and let me report any possible errors from buildworld on the
Quicksilver;it may confirm what tinderbox reports. The source was csupped
before my original reply and the build started right thereafter.

-Garrett