SeaMonkey eats the CPU as of r232144

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Sat Mar 3 13:42:02 UTC 2012

deeptech71 at gmail.com writes:

>  I always had the impression that using an older world with a more
>  recent kernel is almost always supported, and the exceptional
>  cases are noted in the UPDATING file, as a quote shows: "User
>  utilities using SIOCAIFADDR, SIOCAIFADDR_IN6, e.g. ifconfig(8),
>  need to be recompiled.".

	One wonders where you got this impression, because I have
always had pretty much the opposite - or at least the "correct
operation where running world not matched to running kernel is
presumed unlikely until proven otherwise" version.
	(Yes, it often works ... except when it doesn't.)

	Respectfully,

				Robert Huff