SeaMonkey eats the CPU as of r232144

deeptech71 at gmail.com deeptech71 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 08:36:43 UTC 2012

David Xu wrote:
> I am also running the seamonkey and can not reproduce the problem.
> maybe he did hit the race window when I was committing the patches ?
> can he update and install the world and kernel again to see if the problem
> is still existing ?

Yes, he has just rebuilt his world and kernel again, using the latest
revision, and he found that the problem disappeared. Although
SeaMonkey's CPU usage still doesn't snap to 0 during inactivity.

David Xu wrote:
 > I suspect that your kernel and libthr are out of sync. You have
 > installed only new version of kernel
 > or libthr and forgotten to install another ? With -CURRENT, it is better
 > to update whole tree and
 > install whole tree includes kernel.

No, I deliberately didn't build a new world (because it takes ~10 times
as long to build a world+kernel combination compared to just a kernel).
I always had the impression that using an older world with a more recent
kernel is almost always supported, and the exceptional cases are noted
in the UPDATING file, as a quote shows: "User utilities using
SIOCAIFADDR, SIOCAIFADDR_IN6, e.g. ifconfig(8), need to be recompiled.".