Erratic USB mouse behaviour when wireless is down and USB hard disk connected

Bernhard Schmidt bschmidt at techwires.net
Fri Jul 13 14:10:18 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Erich Dollansky
<erichfreebsdlist at ovitrap.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know that this is not a very helpful information.
>
> I have an Lenovo X220 running 10 from some 2 weeks ago. I just noticed that
> the USB mouse (a wireless Logitech Trackman) becomes unusable when the
> wireless (iwn) is not able to connect to the access point and a USB hard disk
> is plugged in. Even when no data are transferred the USB mouse is unusable.

Which frequency is the mouse working on? something in the 2.4GHz region?

I remember having lots of fun at $office with the mouse of colleague.
It used channel 6 and the amount of traffic generating over wireless
LAN had direct influence on the accuracy of his mouse activity ;)

Anyways, if you have the chance to switch to another channel, give it a shot.

--
Bernhard