jid and jname are numberic by default why? Can we change it ?

Jamie Gritton jamie at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 30 17:58:14 UTC 2012

On 01/28/12 15:47, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> P.S.  As an aside, the provision in projects/jailconf/'s jail(8) that
> it's not possible for 'jail -r' to remove all jails _unless_ the '*'
> syntax is used seems unusual to me: I expect 'jail -r foo bar' to remove
> those two jails regardless of whether any other jails exist.  (Sorry if
> this has been discussed already -- it's just an issue I ran across while
> examining the jail(8) man page in Jamie's framework.)

I think I must have communicated something badly - "jail -r *" is the
way to remove all jails without specifying them, but if your only jails
are foo and bar, then "jail -r foo bar" will do the trick.

- Jamie