Benchmark (Phoronix): FreeBSD 9.0-RC2 vs. Oracle Linux 6.1 Server

matthew at phoronix.com matthew at phoronix.com
Thu Jan 5 19:30:04 UTC 2012

   Thanks for the comment Arnaud.   For comparative benchmarking on    [1]Phoronix.com, Michael inva   configuration 'in the way the developers or   production'.  This is by rule.
   However, i   poor scores on be   'it should be tuned,   is configured for a diffe   The response from us to this comes in two forms. &nb   1) If it is the wrong workload for the platform, do a public pos   explaining and analysing the results.  Highlighting the rationale fo   r the concious reduction in performance (ie: journaling filesystems
   with ba   filesystem integrity   2) If tuning can have a material impact on the results, post a t   uning guide with step by step and rationale.  Ie: educate the
   communit   Michael and I have had many discussions with vendors an   on this.  In almost all cases, the vendor has either cha   default configuration or accepted the results as valid.
   As    guide, Micha   comparison.  To dat   offer.  In part, thi   public, but that is more of a result of a one sided d   party external to a particular community (with a healthy tou   journalisticly pumped compare & contrast).  For the FreeBSD    community, who else outside of the FreeBSD community actually runs
   public c   Matthew

   -- Sent from my HP Pre3