Is it possible to make subr_acl_nfs4 and subr_acl_posix1e disabled?

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Thu Jan 5 07:57:47 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to slim down the freebsd kernel to fit on some devices with
4MB of flash.

Since I'm not using NFS or UFS_ACL, I wondered if that code required.
It turns out I can just build a kernel with those two disabled.

Would it be possible to remove them from "standard" and make them
optional? Or is there a reason to keep it in base?
If so (eg so things can be kldload'ed that uses the ACL code) can we
make it a build-time option, and/or a pair of loadable kernel modules?

Thanks,

Adrian