[CFT] modular kernel config

Tue Feb 28 15:38:00 UTC 2012

Quoting ~Lst <slackbie at gmail.com> (from Tue, 28 Feb 2012 16:38:43 +0700):

> 2012/2/28 Steve Wills <swills at freebsd.org>:

>>> FLOWTABLE on 8.x crashed BGP routers (kern/144917). I don't know if
>>> it is fixed by now, but this kind of potential problematic features
>>> should not be enabled by default.
>>>

>> Agree, I've run into problems with FLOWTABLE (with just the features
>> that were enabled by default in 8.0) when routers changed MAC
>> addresses. As far as I understand it, FLOWTABLE is both broken and
>> abandoned (but if I'm wrong, please let me know).
>>
>> So, IMHO, not only should it not be enabled by default, but given that
>> it was disabled complete in 8.x after 8.0 (too lazy to look at exactly
>> when right now), I think it shouldn't even be included, since that
>> might encourage users to try it out only to encounter problems with it.
>>
>> Steve
>>

> Definitely yes, I'd some problems too with FLOWTABLE running for router.
> So I have to disabled in kernel and sysctl.

To make sure I understand you correctly: Did you disabled it with the
sysctl/loader-tunable and everything was OK again, or did you had to
remove it from the kernel config (disabling via sysctl was not enough)
to resolve the issue?

I have one report where a person has issue with FLOWTABLE, but
disabling it via the sysctl/loader-tunable was enough to address his
concerns.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlamp of
an oncoming train.