No working IDE in FreeBSD!

Matthias Andree mandree at FreeBSD.org
Sun Feb 26 12:56:19 UTC 2012

Am 23.02.2012 12:22, schrieb O. Hartmann:
> Several time ago I tried to do some development within an IDE, not even
> for lectural and educational purposes. Since most of our software is
> written in C/C++ and OpenCL, I highly prefered ANJUTA, since this IDE
> was highly customizable, flexible and even FreeBSD's ancient outdated
> version in the ports suited our needs.
>
> Anjuta does not compile anymore for a long time. I do not know why, I
> filed a PR (ports/161494). So I was looking for an alternative.

Anjuta compiles fine for me on 9-STABLE with GCC, but I can reproduce
the build failure with clang that you've filed there.

The following lines were also posted as bug-followup:

(Note I'm not a member of the gnome@ team.)

While I can reproduce the build failure with clang (possibly related to
the "not portable" warnings your're seeing), building anjuta with gcc
works fine for me.

Can you post the command lines and relevant configuration files (like
make.conf) that you've used to attempt a build with GCC? Chances are you
haven't thoroughly switched to GCC.  For me, using portmaster's -m
option wouldn't work.

Note that you can pass V=1 as make argument to get the full compiler
command lines, rather than the short "CC" "CCLD" lines, to see what's
actually happening.

Please check the lines above.  The relevant lines from the PR seem to be:

*** Warning: Linking the executable benchmark against the loadable module
*** libanjuta-symbol-db.so is not portable!
./../.libs/libanjuta-symbol-db.so: undefined reference to
`sdb_engine_get_statement_by_query_id'
./../.libs/libanjuta-symbol-db.so: undefined reference to
`sdb_engine_get_tuple_id_by_unique_name'
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)
gmake[6]: *** [benchmark] Error 1