8.3-BETA1 no connection how to troubleshoot

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 02:54:10 UTC 2012

Dear folks,

I have upgraded via freebsd-update to 8.3 BETA 1 as instructed in
release announcement:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2012-February/066340.html

Machine was working well with 8.2-RELEASE-p3 since I could not got to
8.2-RELEASE-p6,  I decided it was best to test out 8.3-BETA1 and
freebsd-update my way to 8.3-RELEASE when it is ready.  Now when
starting the system, I cannot get connected.  The machine has three
network devices  two wired, one wireless

msk0
re0

urtw0

of which msk0 was the only one which was connected directly.  I have
in /etc/rc.conf

synchronous_dhclient="YES"
ifconfig msk0="DHCP"

it picks up ip address, but cannot ping any website and/or connect.
Are there things I can try to troubleshoot this?

Thanks in Advance,

Antonio