[ptrace] please review follow fork/exec changes

Dmitry Mikulin dmitrym at juniper.net
Thu Feb 9 00:54:12 UTC 2012

The patch I sent earlier works for me. Just wanted to let you know to illustrate what I would like to see from the kernel.

I'm trying to see if there's way not to add flags with semantics similar to TDB_EXEC. I think the problem with TDB_EXEC is that is serves a trigger for a stop as well as an indicator to return PL_FLAG_EXEC. And in my case I still want to see all the stops but I only want to see the PL_FLAG_EXEC when PT_FOLLOW_EXEC is specified.

Do you think the attached patch will do what I'd like without compromising existing functionality?