New FreeBSD SVN seed snapshot

Darren Reed darrenr at freebsd.org
Fri Apr 13 13:27:04 UTC 2012

On 24/08/2010 4:56 AM, Simon L. B. Nielsen wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I have made a new snapshot of the svn repo which can be used to start new FreeBSD svn mirrors.
>
> Hopefully I made it the right way, but... let me know if there are any issues.
>
> Since the original snapshot was made by peter the repo was 'packed' which means it uses a lot fewer files.
>
> The snapshot can be found at:
>
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/development/subversion/
>
> You need ports/archivers/xz installed if you aren't running FreeBSD 8.1+.
>
> Thanks to rpaulo and bz for prodding my into finding out how this worked and making the new snapshot :-).
>
> I can't think of what else to say, so that was probably it :-).

The committers guide at:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/committers-guide/article.html

should be updated with the above location to use instead of ~peter/something
as the file at freefall/~peter is quite old now.

Also, what's the chance of the mirror being updated and exported to the
above URL as part of the release process, so that a new mirror is available
when 8.2 is available, followed by 9.0, etc, and naming them as such?

Darren