x220 notes

Любомир Григоров nm.knife at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 04:45:03 UTC 2012

Well I can't do the brightness switching. acpi_call port is installed, but:

# kldload acpi_call
kldload: can't load acpi_call: No such file or directory

# acpi_call -p '\VBRC' -i 14
ioctl: Device not configured

At least closing the lid turns off the monitor (not going to sleep), which
is OK to conserve energy when not using. I would like to be able to change
brightness, however. And have dimming.

A minor problem, with the KMS Intel patch, when I log out of X (startx or
xfce4), screen goes black. I don't know if this is acpi related. I typed
reboot, and nothing happened. Using all.13.7-stable-9.patch with 9.0-STABLE.

Cheers.

--
Lyubomir Grigorov (bgalakazam)