archaic/useless CFLAGS options for x86 boot blocks

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Mon Sep 12 12:02:36 UTC 2011

on 12/09/2011 14:43 John Baldwin said the following:
> I suspect some of the recent changes to shave space down for Clang have made
> some of the optimization options no longer necessary.

Just a note of all the options in question were added long before clang.

> I think the patch is
> fine, and I'd even prefer to go ahead and drop the extra cruft (like removing
> nops and aligns as well as -mrtd and -mregparm) from the UFS boot2 as well.

I personally agree, thank you for this suggestion.
My current plan is to leave boot2 alone until stable/9 is branched, but to try to
get zfs/gpt boot changes into 9.0.  What do you think?

--
Andriy Gapon