Need a README to explain items in download directory

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Sat Sep 3 23:00:02 UTC 2011

Hi,

Thanks.  Your text is better than mine, and I actually learned
something from it. :)

For this line:

(1)  FreeBSD-8.2-RELEASE-i386-bootonly.iso - Requires an Internet Connection

Does this mean that this ISO has the minimal stuff to boot, and
then do an install by downloading packages over the Internet?  I really don't
know, that's why I'm asking. :)

Do you understand enough of the release makefiles under
src/release/ to propose a patch to include your README?  I am not up to speed
on how the release
scripts figure out what files to copy to the ftp directory.

BTW, I am a FreeBSD src committer, and am working on adding a section
to the FreeBSD handbook, so I am quite familiar with those things. :)
I am just trying to propose minor ideas to make it easier for new users
to figure out how to download and install FreeBSD. :)

--
Craig Rodrigues
rodrigc at crodrigues.org