Adding disk firmware programming capability to camcontrol

Lyndon Nerenberg (VE6BBM/VE7TFX) lyndon at orthanc.ca
Fri Oct 28 22:43:33 UTC 2011

> The linux hdparm program is so paranoid about this that you have to use
> extra arguments like "--yes-really-destroy-my-disk-drive" to do this.

I concur. Loudly.  The ability to brick your hardware is just too
large to not make people go through the "I tell you three times"
dance.  It's not like people will do this often enough that the
pain will be fatal.  And if it is, they ought to be bright enough to
know how to automate the process.

--lyndon