FreeBSD 9.0 RC1 USB Mouse and Keyboard

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 06:34:38 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 6:24 PM, Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk at mit.edu> wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Oct 2011, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:
>
>  I have installed FreeBSD 9.0 RC1 .
>>
>> During installation and boots , and ( as root ) console mode , both USB
>> keyboard and mouse are working .
>>
>> When a graphical desktop ( Fluxbox , Gnome , or KDE ) is started , both of
>> them are becoming frozen .
>> Detach and attach of mouse are detected , but input is not possible .
>> PS/2 mouse is also not working .
>> I did not check PS/2 keyboard .
>> Only Ctrl-Alt-F1 is discontinuing graphical display , and Ctrl-C is
>> returning to root prompt .
>>
>> KDE is staying as it is after displaying of hard disk symbol and then it
>> is
>> waiting there .
>> Gnome is displaying all the parts , but no input possibility .
>> Fluxbox is displaying its window , but no input possibility .
>>
>> It seems that X is NOT able to register dbus related parts ( understood
>> from
>> messages left on the screen after discontinuation ) .
>>
>> On the same computer , I have installed Fedora 15 and everything is
>> working
>> as expected , means there is no any hardware problem .
>>

> Has this computer successfully run other versions of FreeBSD with X?
> I seem to recall there can be odd interactions with hald, xorg.conf, and
> others.  Some googling brings up
> http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/html/aei.html which seems to cover
> many of the relevant issues.
>
> -Ben Kaduk

The above problem has occurred in 9.0 RC1 amd64 .

In the same computer , I have installed 9.0 i386 .
USB Mouse and Keyboard are working very well in console mode and in Fluxbox
.

In both ( amd64 and i386 ) of the installations , /etc/rc.conf contain the
following statements :

moused_type = "auto"
moused_enable = "YES"
hald_enable = "YES"
dbus_enable = "YES"

There are no any generated X configuration file .

Both of them listed starting of hald and dbus without error during booting .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk