System headers with clang?

Larry Rosenman ler at lerctr.org
Tue Oct 11 16:55:22 UTC 2011

I didn't say bug for bug, just not generate stupid errors like the ffs one.

Chuck Swiger <cswiger at mac.com> wrote:

On Oct 11, 2011, at 6:59 AM, Larry Rosenman wrote:
> We will NOT support clang as the compiler for lsof unless the system headers work the same way as gcc's do.

That apparently means you won't support clang then, because it's not intended to be (or ever going to be) fully bug-for-bug "compatible" with GCC. In this case, at least, clang is reporting legitimate issues which should be fixed, even if folks continue to build lsof with GCC from now until the end of days.

To echo a word someone else just used, I'm baffled as to why you would hold such a position.

Regards,
--
-Chuck