Strange ZFS filesystem corruption

Paul Mather paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu
Thu Oct 6 01:28:09 UTC 2011

On Oct 5, 2011, at 9:03 AM, krad wrote:

> Have you dont the simple thing and checked to see if you have any weird whitespace in the dir names. Try using bash tab completion for the dir name. Also drop all non bash completion rules as these might be messing things up.
>
> I have seen odd characters in dirs cause much confusion in the past.

I don't believe that is the problem in this case.  An "ls" will list the file but "ls -l" reports "no such file or directory:"

tape# ls
05DLAAdmin      07DLAAdmin
tape# ls -l
ls: 05DLAAdmin: No such file or directory
total 3
drwxrws---  4 500  501  4 Oct  3 11:53 07DLAAdmin
tape#

Plus, the "rm -rf" I tried (that failed) ought not to fall foul of such weird whitespace problems.

Cheers,

Paul.