portsnap5 problem, portsnap error handling

Colin Percival cperciva at freebsd.org
Wed Oct 5 00:43:51 UTC 2011

On 10/04/11 14:08, Jilles Tjoelker wrote:
> The important part is the error from [. Because the check is for
> inequality, in case of a [ syntax error the "equal" path is taken and
> the script continues as if everything is fine.
>
> The script arrives there because of a missing backslash so that the
> fetch(1) command's exit status is not checked.
>
> The below patch should fix this fairly simply. [...]

Aha!  I don't know how many times I've looked at that code and thought "I
don't understand, why isn't it returning from this function?"  Please feel
free to commit this fix.

For the benefit of the list: It looks like there was a short period this
morning when several portsnap mirrors were out of sync due to the mirroring
cron jobs running into a network outage somewhere around portsnap-master.
Everything should be back to normal now.

--
Colin Percival
Security Officer, FreeBSD | freebsd.org | The power to serve