make buildworld error on 9.0B2

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Sat Oct 1 03:41:58 UTC 2011

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 19:57:55 -0500
Greg Miller <greglmiller at gmail.com> wrote:

> On a fresh install of 9.0B2, I've updated my source to RELENG_9 with
> csup, and I get the following when I try to make buildworld:
>
> *************************************
> [0] /usr/src # make clean buildworld
> find: /usr/src/sys/sys/param.h: No such file or directory
> "/usr/src/Makefile", line 217: warning: "find /usr/src/sys/sys/param.h
> -mtime -0s" returned non-zero status

This seems to be very similar to an odd little quirk I've run across
several times recently with 9.0-BETAx, where for some reason it appears
that the timestamp on this file is out of sync with the rest of the
source tree.

On more than one occasion, after updating /usr/src and starting a "make
buildworld", I've been stopped cold by this, and had to do a "touch
sys/sys/param.h" and restart the build.

Sorry for not taking the time to report it before.  It was just such an
easy fix that I never got around to it.

> ===> share/info (clean)
> ===> lib (clean)
> ===> lib/csu/amd64 (clean)
> rm -f crt1.o crti.o crtn.o Scrt1.o gcrt1.o crt1.s gcrt1.s Scrt1.s
> ===> lib/libc (clean)
> "/usr/src/lib/libc/sys/Makefile.inc", line 9: Could not find
> /usr/src/lib/libc/../../sys/sys/syscall.mk
> make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
> *** Error code 1

This one I haven't seen, myself.

--
Conrad J. Sabatier