ee (easy editor) bugged on 9.0?

Jason Edwards sub.mesa at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 21:15:37 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 7:11 PM, Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl> wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> * Jason Edwards <sub.mesa at gmail.com>, 20111122 21:56:
>> I wonder: is cons25 bugged or simply obsolete? Not that I want to keep
>> cons25; just being curious.
>
> There are two reasons why I changed the default terminal emulator to be
> xterm-like, instead of conforming to cons25:

Hello Ed Schouten,

Thanks for the impressive list of advantages! There's just one
non-critical issue I'd like to address regarding the use of xterm
terminal type.

When using cons25 terminal, the dialog menus (drawn using
devel/cdialog and `make config` in portstree as well) are using smooth
lines to draw boxes and stuff.

But when using xterm terminal, those lines are replaced by 'dashed'
lines like - - - - - instead of a smooth line without whitespace in
between. When doing the same via SSH login, the lines are smooth with
xterm type. So this issue appear to be limited to the console in
combination with xterm terminal type.

Is there a way to use xterm but still allow cdialog to draw smooth
lines on the console?

Kind regards,
Jason Edwards