ee (easy editor) bugged on 9.0?

Jason Edwards sub.mesa at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 20:56:29 UTC 2011

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 11:02 PM, Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de> wrote:
> Am 20.11.2011 um 14:41 schrieb Jason Edwards:
>
>> Some of you asked for the environmental settings. Using 'env' the
>> output begins with:
>>
>> -- on console --
>> TERM=cons25
>> SHELL=/usr/local/bin/bash
>>
>> -- via SSH --
>> TERM=xterm
>> SHELL=/usr/local/bin/bash
>>
>> Via SSH the ee editor works as it should. On the console it is bugged.
>
> As I suspected.  On my fresh 90-RC1 install, I get xterm for all the console terminals.  You'll have to check where your /etc/ttys picks up the old entries.  Both stable and releng have the updated version, as far as I can tell.

Hi Stefan,

I'm very sorry for not having checked properly, but you are indeed
correct. I had overlooked one script which replaces the /etc/ttys
which I did not suspect. Sorry for the confusion! With TERM=xterm, ee
indeed works properly on the console.

I wonder: is cons25 bugged or simply obsolete? Not that I want to keep
cons25; just being curious.

Regards,
Jason Edwards