ZFS install from -CURRENT snapshot

Daniel Staal DStaal at usa.net
Mon May 30 15:25:46 UTC 2011

--As of May 30, 2011 6:11:19 PM +0300, George Kontostanos is alleged to
have said:

> Could you please explain where did you actually got stacked ?
>
> Have you installed the OS by :
>
> for file in base.txz lib32.txz kernel.txz doc.txz ports.txz src.txz;
> do (cat $file | tar --unlink -xpJf - -C ${DESTDIR:-/}); done
>
> Did you copy zpool.cache ?

--As for the rest, it is mine.

Did both of those.  A half-dozen times.  ;)

The machine fails to find a bootable drive.  It searches, tries PXE booting
a couple of times, then dumps me into the BIOS's boot drive chooser.  I can
try selecting either of the internal drives at that point if I wish, and it
will just loop back to there.

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.