Boot halts on Thinkpad X220 (Sandy Bridge)

tiredashell at gmail.com tiredashell at gmail.com
Fri May 27 10:17:04 UTC 2011

I finally got around to trying is out, and although the installation
completed successfully, the installation isn't recognized upon boot. I
am getting a PXE-E61 error: media test failure, please check cable. I
tried reinstalling three or four times, with the same results.

I do not believe the issue is a BIOS setting or HD failure, because i
can still successfully install windows 7 without any problems.