Testing new nfs and VIMAGE

Goran Lowkrantz glz at hidden-powers.com
Fri May 27 08:56:03 UTC 2011

I have been testing VIMAGE a lot lately to see how it works an all my test
cases works as expected except when I use NFSv4 from an NFS client with a
kerrel with VIMAGE enabled.

All other permutations work and this error is very specific. All crashes
occurs when trying to read or write to an NFS v4 volume. I have seen it on
both i386 and amd64.

#12 0xc0a73c15 in rt_tables_get_rnh (table=0, fam=2)
    at /usr/src/sys/net/route.c:153

static __inline struct radix_node_head **
rt_tables_get_rnh_ptr(int table, int fam)
{
        struct radix_node_head **rnh;

        KASSERT(table >= 0 && table < rt_numfibs, ("%s: table out of
bounds.",
            __func__));
        KASSERT(fam >= 0 && fam < (AF_MAX+1), ("%s: fam out of bounds.",
            __func__));

        /* rnh is [fib=0][af=0]. */
--->    rnh = (struct radix_node_head **)V_rt_tables;
        /* Get the offset to the requested table and fam. */
        rnh += table * (AF_MAX+1) + fam;

        return (rnh);
}

Any ideas?

Cores and dumps are available plus a vmware player setup to test and debug.

/glz

Dump header from device /dev/da0p3
  Architecture: i386
  Architecture Version: 2
  Dump Length: 105414656B (100 MB)
  Blocksize: 512
  Dumptime: Fri May 27 09:54:13 2011
  Hostname: vserver.test.ismobile.com
  Magic: FreeBSD Kernel Dump
  Version String: FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT #2: Fri May 27 03:45:23 CEST 2011
    root at nfsserver.test.hidden-powers.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/VSERVER
  Panic String: from debugger
  Dump Parity: 3851082861
  Bounds: 3
  Dump Status: good

---
"There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum."
                -- Arthur C. Clarke