[CFT] Early Retransmit for TCP (rfc5827) patch

Weongyo Jeong weongyo.jeong at gmail.com
Sat May 7 00:19:38 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I'd like to send another patch to support RFC5827 in TCP stack which
could be found at:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~weongyo/patch_20110506_rfc5827.diff

This patch supports all Early Retransmit logics (Byte-Based Early
Retransmit and Segment-Based Early Retransmit) when net.inet.tcp.rfc5827
sysctl knob is turned on.

Please note that Segment-Based Early Retransmit logic is separated using
khelp module because it adds additional operations and requires variable
spaces to track segment boundaries on the right side window.

So if the khelp module is loaded, it's a preference but if not the
default logic is `Byte-Based Early Retransmit'.

I implemented based on DragonflyBSD's implementation but it looked it's
not same with RFC specification what I thought so I changed most of
parts.  In my test environments it looks it's working correctly.

Please review and test my work and tell me if you have any concerns and
questions.

regards,
Weongyo Jeong