Clang error make buildworld

O. Hartmann ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Thu May 5 13:24:32 UTC 2011

On 05/04/11 16:20, Dimitry Andric wrote:
> On 2011-05-04 15:44, Manfred Antar wrote:
>> src.conf:
>>
>> WITHOUT_DYNAMICROOT=yes
>> WITH_IDEA=yes
>> .if !defined(CC) || ${CC} == "cc"
>> CC=clang
>> .endif
>> .if !defined(CXX) || ${CXX} == "c++"
>> CXX=clang++
>> .endif
>> #Don't die on warnings
>> NO_WERROR=
>> WERROR=
>
> Aha. Please move the clang-related stuff to make.conf instead, e.g.
> this fragment:
>
> .if !defined(CC) || ${CC} == "cc"
> CC=clang
> .endif
> .if !defined(CXX) || ${CXX} == "c++"
> CXX=clang++
> .endif
> #Don't die on warnings
> NO_WERROR=
> WERROR=

On a notebook (DELL Latitude E6510) I tried compiling world with CLANG.
So far, so good. It worked. But after rebooting I got a strange
misbehaviour of the xdm login window (black/white instead of coloured),
but this was only some superficial symptome. The whole system seems to
be corrupted. Hitting tab key results like hitting exit in the console.
The gcc 4.2.1 system compiler isn't capable of producing binaries, see
message below. At this very moment, the box isn't usable anymore, I
can't even compile a world with cc (see error below, that was generated
by trying to compile a kernel and I'm really confused why cc is used
instead of clang).

Well, the boxes I reported errors from prior to this are desktop systems
with nVidia (Fermi based) graphics boards using a driver BLOB 270.XX.XX
which is also used by the notebook.

The desktop boxes uses C2D based intel chips, the notebook uses a
Core-i5 based chip. All systems got compiled with option

CPUTYPE?=native

I guess the first compilation with CLANG "destroyed" the base' system
compiler, at this moment I'm incapable of switching back. Floating like
a dead man in the water.

Any suggestions?

Regards and thanks in advance,
Oliver
---
awk -f /usr/src/sys/tools/usbdevs2h.awk /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs -h
awk -f /usr/src/sys/tools/usbdevs2h.awk /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs -d
rpcgen -hM /usr/src/sys/kgssapi/gssd.x | grep -v pthread.h > gssd.h
cc1: internal compiler error: Bus error: 10
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
rpcgen -c /usr/src/sys/kgssapi/gssd.x -o gssd_xdr.c
cc1: internal compiler error: Bus error: 10
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MUNIN.