ZFS dedup and temporary freeze

George Kontostanos gkontos.mail at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 10:18:32 UTC 2011

As far as I am aware ezjail has the option to use compression and disable
access time updates.

ezjail_zfs_properties="-o compression=lzjb -o atime=off"

In my case the dedup option was turned on only in the basejail causing the
system to temporarily freeze. Once the dedup option was removed everything
went back to normal.
What I am trying to figure out here is why did this occur.

Thanks

--
George Kontostanos
aisecure.net <http://www.aisecure.net>