[CFR]RT305xF support, w/o attachment

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Tue Mar 22 11:42:16 UTC 2011

> as far my knowledge goes, radiation from multi-frequency subcarriers in
> a multi-path
> system such as a wireless network (802.11 a/g/n) or a "microwave oven"
> is something
> you definitely want to avoid sitting in while hacking FreeBSD...
>
> https://gthc.org/wiki/Advisories/OFDM_20110315
>
> I may have done technical errors but i do not drink in the morning!! :)

FreeBSD doesn't define the wireless standards - other authorities
(e.g. IEEE) do. Any standards involving RF radiation is tightly
regulated in most countries, and the health authorities are aware of
risks associated with large amounts of RF radiation.

Since 802.11 a/g/n is internationally standardized (and permitted by
the health authorities), we have to assume that the relevant standards
are safe.

I see no reason whatsoever why we should do anything special in FreeBSD
here.

Time for you to stop your anti-OFDM crusade and let FreeBSD developers
work in peace.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no